[GRASS-dev] trac management - was ticket #110

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Apr 13 15:09:13 EDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 9:00 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 7:17 PM, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>
> wrote:
>
> > GRASS GIS wrote:
> >
> > > Comment (by neteler):
> > >
> > >  [please respond in trac, grass-dev cannot post to trac]
> >
> > Actually, I'd really prefer it if we could keep discussions on the
> > mailing list. trac can be updated when issues get resolved.
>

> The issue is (here) that eg Even Rouault (GDAL developer) who responded to
> the DBF ticket AFAIK does not read the grass-dev list, likewise FrankW
> likely
> prefers tickets over scattered discussion in our archive.
>
> Right now, my grass-dev folder consists mostly of posts by "GRASS
> > GIS", with no threading.
>

> We can rename it to "GRASS trac" easily (in Admin). Makes more sense.

I have taken liverty to change that. Now trac posts as:

from            GRASS trac <trac at osgeo.org>             <<- changed sender
reply-to        grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org,
to              undisclosed-recipients,
date            Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 9:05 PM
subject         Re: [GRASS trac] #90: v.parallel: problems with inside
corners   <<- changed prefix
mailed-by       osgeo.org

Hope that's better.

Markus