[GRASS-dev] G_OPT_R_OUTPUT base or output?

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Apr 16 17:34:54 EDT 2008

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Roger Bivand wrote:
>>  On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Dylan Beaudette wrote:

>> >  Hi Roger,
>> >
>> >  Did you do a:
>> >
>> >  make distclean
>> >
>> >  before compiling the source?
>>
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  I used the tarball, and untarred to a fresh directory. Should I still have
>>  said make distclean? I'll try - but why the different behaviour? The
>>  windows native binary is "output".
>>
> Dear Roger,
>
> on a fresh tarball "make distclean" isn't needed.
> I suspect that your binaries pick a wrong library. Could
> you check with "ldd"?
> I am using the release branch in production and didn't come
> across this problem.

This is possible - both affected systems, the F7 system refered to above -
documented here:

GRASS 6.3.0RC6 (spearfish60):~ > r.in.bin --interface-description
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ANSI_X3.4-1968"?>
<!DOCTYPE task SYSTEM "grass-interface.dtd">
<task name="r.in.bin">
         <description>
         </parameter>
         <parameter name="output" type="string" required="yes"
multiple="no">
                 <description>
                         Name for output raster map
                 </description>

GRASS 6.3.0RC6 (spearfish60):~ > R

R version 2.6.2 (2008-02-08)
Copyright (C) 2008 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

> system("r.in.bin --interface-description")
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ANSI_X3.4-1968"?>
<!DOCTYPE task SYSTEM "grass-interface.dtd">
<task name="r.in.bin">
         <description>
         </parameter>
         <parameter name="base" type="string" required="yes" multiple="no">
                 <description>
                         Name of base raster map
                 </description>

and an odd problem on a Cygwin 6.2.3 installation
(key modules do not write to stderr or stdout, documented in:
http://spatial.nhh.no/misc/cw.png) - problem started after updating cygwin
packages last night,

have odd/stale things in the GRASS_LD_LIBRARY_PATH and in PATH (or LD
path) environment variables. I don't have ldd on Cygwin, but will look
under F7.

I was just checking a few extra systems to see how the R interface worked
on the final RC before release, that's why I'm asking.

Roger

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no