[GRASS-dev] SVN changelog missing modified file names

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 19 19:07:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

while preparing a 6.2.0-6.3.0 changelog I noticed the new changelogs do
not include modified file names for entries prior to:

2007-10-23 22:10

        * .: This commit was manufactured by cvs2svn to create branch
          'releasebranch_6_3'.

many commit messages are just like "fix NaN bug" so faily useless without
the filename. I notice that the trac timeline suffers a similar problem.
(trac wish: filenames shown as a mouse-over tooltip on rev number)
  http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/timeline

making the committer put the filename in the commit message seems to me a
wasteful and redundant workaround.

- 6.2.0-6.3.0 changelog covers everything new since releasebranch_6_2 was
split off from CVS/HEAD.

?,
Hamish