[GRASS-dev] web svn

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Apr 21 08:53:14 EDT 2008

On 19/04/08 07:52, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 6:35 AM, Glynn Clements
> <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
>>  But, if you're bothering to keep the website under version control,
>>  you may as well keep the option to at least create tags (branches
>>  probably wouldn't be useful, although you can never say for sure).
>
> Neither tags nor branches are useful for *GRASS* Web.
>
>>  Or, is the only reason for keeping the website in SVN to provide an
>>  easy way for people to edit it?
>
> Right.
> Unfortunately it doesn't really scale/disctribute. Also our attempts to go for
> a CMS do not (yet?): http://grass-dev.osgeo.net/

I think policy on that is not very clear (at least not for me). Up to
now I've understood this site as somethink like a test, nothing more. At
this stage we have several sites and it just is a bit confusing to me...
  Could you remind me of the official strategy and timing ? Once that is
clear, maybe we should decide on a "web site party", i.e. a collective
and concerted effort during a few days to put everything in place ?

> Contributors sorted by name:
> Name       #commits    percentage
[...]
> moritz         20       0,72

Funny, I have no memory of committing anything on this site... Any way I
can see what I did ? ;-)

Moritz