R: R: [GRASS-dev] WinGRASS 6.3.0: d.paint.labels, r.cats & p.out.vrml

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 17:15:31 EDT 2008

Glynn:
> > >Links? How do you create links on Windows?
Marco:
> > ln -s -f
> /usr/local/src/grass-6.3.0RC6/dist.i686-pc-mingw32/bin/d.labels \
> > /usr/local/src/grass-6.3.0RC6/dist.i686-pc-mingw32/bin/d.paint.labels
Glynn:
> Right; MSys' "ln" just copies the file. For this particular situation,
> that's adequate.

IIRC, the "trick" posted to the list earlier was that MSys requires you
to use the full path for both the source and the target. The old Makefile
was only using the full path for the target.

(in light of that I was slightly confused as to why you went to the all
the trouble of making scripts for those, I assumed you had a good reason.
note man pages still need to be symlinked/copied to those scripts as the
build report complains)

Hamish