[GRASS-dev] R.li question

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Apr 22 11:32:11 EDT 2008

On 4/22/08 12:11 AM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> I thought I¹d demonstrate r.li in my class tomorrow, but I¹m a bit confused.
>> I made a configuration file�or thought I made it�using the random patch
>> distribution option in r.li.setup. Everything seems OK and saves fine. I can
>> see my new configuration file listed in the r.li.setup list (I called it
>> soil_test). But where is this file on my computer so that I can use it? I¹ve
>> searched high and low and can¹t find it.
>
> Looking at r.li.setup.main, I suspect that it's in ~/.r.li/history/

Thanks much. That's it.

IMHO, this is not a good place to put a file that you need to find and use
later.

On my Mac, any directory or file starting with a "." is hidden from the
finder and you have to use special means to access it. This an annoying
aspect of the Mac interface, but one we have to live with.

Michael

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University