[GRASS-dev] patch for v.voronoi/v.delaunay

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 02:14:51 EDT 2008

Markus Neteler wrote:
> I wonder if I could colorize the 3D TIN somehow using v.colors.
> So far it does not have a DB connected.

if not already, make it into a boundary+centroid map with unique cats for
each centroid (v.type, v.centroids / v.category)

create a DB table for it with columns="int cat, GRASSRGB varchar(11)" and
add new columns for double z1,z2,z3,z_mean for elevation at each triangle
corner and the average of the three.

somehow for each triangle extract the 3 elev values (v.extract +
v.out.ascii in a loop would work but probably there is a better way,
maybe v.to.db or like v.what.vect). do either SQL magic or awk magic or
..?. to get an average value for the triangle

upload the mean to the centroid with v.db.update or similar, then run
v.colors..

Hamish