[GRASS-dev] Re: GRASS et al packages for Hardy Heron ?

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 10:13:03 EDT 2008

Eric,

to create the .deb files you can use checkinstall. In the end of the
compiling process, instead of "make install" you do a "checkinstall"
and create the deb file (or rpm, or other).

cheers

Carlos

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Patton, Eric <epatton at nrcan.gc.ca> wrote:
> What is involved in creating a package? I'll be updating to Heron sometime within
>  the next week. All my proj/gdal/python stuff is up-to-date. Is it just a matter of
>  creating 'make bindist', and placing the tarfile on an ftp site?
>
>  ~ Eric.

 Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
 Geologist M.Sc - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721 - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke

Can't stop the signal.