[GRASS-dev] SVN version number

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Apr 24 09:16:02 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Paul Kelly
<paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>  Updating from SVN this morning I see that the version number is now 6.4.svn
> - I'm not sure if that's right? I thought it should be 6.3.svn until a
> release branch for 6.4 is created, and the version number on that branch
> will be 6.4.svn. At that point the version on develbranch_6, which will be
> in operation by then, will become 6.5.svn (although there might not ever be
> any 6.5 releases, similar to 5.5).
>  It is all a bit confusing though since we've started partially abandoning
> the odd-development/stable-release system.

that's not intended.
Obviously, trunk needs to be changes to 7.0.svn.

We should fork the 6.4 now, called "develbranch_6". From that,
in future, "releasebranch_6_4" will be forked.

AFAIK there is some SVN switch magic so that you can just update locally
without downloading all again.

I vote for doing it now.

Markus