[GRASS-dev] GSoC, Reimplementing v.buffer and adding features

Росен Матев r.matev at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 07:56:12 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

My name is Rosen Matev, and I'm from Bulgaria. I have been selected to
participate in GSoC this summer. My major task will be to rewrite the
broken v.buffer module. While writing I will incorporate some nice new
features like variable buffer width and elliptical buffers. My
seconday task will be to implement "surface" buffer functionality. It
will create buffers by measuring distances on surface of the terrain,
rather than projected distances. Everyone interested can read the
abstract here: http://code.google.com/soc/2008/osgeo/appinfo.html?csaid=BB6EFE9C7844B517
I may send you the entire proposal if you want.
I'm glad that I'll be working with the GRASS community and I hope we
will all benefit from GSoC 2008.

Regards,
Rosen Matev