[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 development started

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Apr 27 11:17:12 EDT 2008

Martin

Maybe I misunderstand this process, but I'm confused by this suggestion.

Why take the wxPython GUI out of the GRASS 7 trunk? My understanding is that
we can develop for 6.4 in the 6.4 branch, and as needed develop for 7 in
that branch. Because the GUI operates at a relatively high level--i.e.,
simply a wrapper for GRASS commands in most cases, there will be much that
can simply be done in parallel or via porting across branches

My suggestion would be to take /gui/tcltk out of trunk and leave
/gui/wxpython in. It's the TclTk interface that is going away.

Related to that, I guess we need to think about where the wxPython NVIZ
replacement you are starting to work on will go--6.4 or 7?

Michael