[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 development started

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Apr 29 12:48:56 EDT 2008

Markus Neteler wrote:

> >  > Today the development of GRASS 6.4 has been moved out into
> >  > an own development branch. SVN trunk is now dedicated to GRASS 7
> >  > development which includes major refactoring of the code and
> >  > improvements to data formats etc.
> >
> >  Can we finalise the coding style, so that we can apply it?
> >
> >  This should be done before we start making substantial changes. Once
> >  the code has been re-formatted, it will become much harder to compare
> >  "before" and "after" versions, as any such diff will be dominated by
> >  the formatting changes.
>
> I fully agree. I lack experience with "indent", so I just trust your
> suggestions.
> Glynn, can you apply it if there are no objections?

I think that we should allow a couple of days for feedback. In
particular, if there are any options which make life difficult for
users of specific text editors (or other tools), we should probably
change that.

Once the final style is decided, it would be better for the change to
be committed by someone with reasonable upload bandwidth, given that
it's likely to affect the majority of C source files.

Running indent on the entire source tree amounts to:

	find . -type f -name '*.c' | xargs indent <options>