[GRASS-dev] Re: r.viewshed ready for testing

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Aug 4 17:20:34 EDT 2008

Hi Will

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008, Will wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> So I got the trunk version of GRASS, and compiled it, but iostream and
> r.terraflow gave me errors.  As the instructions say, I tackled the iostream
> error first, and I can't figure out what's wrong with it.   Here is what I
> get if I call make in grass_trunk/lib/iostream
>
> cc -dynamiclib -compatibility_version 7.0 -current_version 7.0 -install_name
   ^^
GRASS is trying to use the C compiler to create the shared library - this
worked on Linux so I didn't notice it but obviously that must have been
just luck and it seems not to work on OS X. This clearly is something I
need to look at and try to fix - none of the other libraries contain C++
code so this hasn't come up before.

For now we can probably work around it by creating a static library
instead of a shared one. Can you try changing the line
default: lib
in lib/iostream/Makefile to
default: stlib
and let me know how you get on?