[GRASS-dev] Re: iostream issues (formerly r.viewshed ready for testing)

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 11:37:13 EDT 2008

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Will wrote:

> r.viewshed is a completely different issue.  It seems like it isn't able to
> see iostream at all - if I remove the include line for iostream, I get the
> exact same errors.  I think this is probably because of the unusual makefile
> r.viewshed has.  We weren't able to get a makefile like r.terraflow to work
> with r.viewshed, so we more or less rewrote everything.  I'll try to mess
> around with it, and make it use more standard grass makefiles rather than
> rewriting them, but I'm not very familiar with how GRASS makes things, so I
> may not have much luck.  If you or anyone else could take a look at the
> makefile, and try to make it more standard, I would appreciate it.

Hi Will,
Did you use the updated tarball for r.viewshed that I sent you, with the
Makefile adjusted and the include paths for the iostream includes changed
to match the new location? If yes, and you are getting errors different
from the ones I included in the previous mail, please post the output you
are getting so we can diagnose.

thanks,

Paul