[GRASS-dev] iostream issues (formerly r.viewshed ready for testing)

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Aug 5 15:11:28 EDT 2008

Will wrote:

> So, I think I know what is causing the problems with r.terraflow and
> r.viewshed, and I solved it with r.terraflow.  r.terraflow needed the change
> in line you outlined earlier (changing IOSTREAMDEP =
> $(ARCH_LIBDIR)/$(LIB_PREFIX)$(IOSTREAM_LIBNAME)$(LIB_SUFFIX) to IOSTREAMDEP
> = (ARCH_LIBDIR)/$(LIB_PREFIX)$(IOSTREAM_LIBNAME)$(STLIB_SUFFIX) in
> Grass.make.in) in both Grass.make.in and Grass.make.  So, r.terraflow is all
> set (at least for me).
>
> r.viewshed is a completely different issue.  It seems like it isn't able to
> see iostream at all - if I remove the include line for iostream, I get the
> exact same errors.  I think this is probably because of the unusual makefile
> r.viewshed has.  We weren't able to get a makefile like r.terraflow to work
> with r.viewshed, so we more or less rewrote everything.  I'll try to mess
> around with it, and make it use more standard grass makefiles rather than
> rewriting them, but I'm not very familiar with how GRASS makes things, so I
> may not have much luck.  If you or anyone else could take a look at the
> makefile, and try to make it more standard, I would appreciate it.

I think that the #include directives within the IOStream headers may
need to be changed, e.g.:

-	#include "ami_config.h"
+	#include <grass/iostream/ami_config.h>

I'm not sure that you can rely upon the preprocessor looking in the
directory containing the header file when the header name has
directory components.