[GRASS-dev] Re: viewshed and iostream issues

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Aug 6 04:39:16 EDT 2008

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Laura Toma wrote:

> Viewshed does not immediately compile with the iostream library in grass.
> Over the last  years there were a few changes to it,  but were never merged
> them into the grass trunk  because they did not seem important enough at the
> time.   Now that both viewshed and terraflow use the same library,   I don't
> think that it makes sense to  try to make viewshed compile with an older
> version;   instead, I would rather update the library.

Hello Laura,
That sounds like a good plan and what I expected would be the best
solution. If there are no unintentional revertions it should be fine
to apply since it is only used by r.terraflow currently anyway. I'll be
offline until tomorrow evening (European time): I'll look at it then if
noone else gets to it before me.

Paul