[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4 GUI

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Aug 16 15:57:25 EDT 2008

I don't know what the GRASS 6.4 release schedule, but thought this
would be a good time to report on the GUI.

I've gone through the TRAC bug list and cleaned up the very few
outstanding TclTk bugs. AFAICT, all are fixed, though there may be
issues on other platforms that I can't test. I've put out some queries
about these. What remains are a few wishes or things that are not
sufficiently fixable to be worth the effort.

So this makes the TclTk GUI about as stable as it is going to get
unless there are changes to underlying modules that break something.

The wxPython GUI is coming along well, but is still in active
development. It's almost ready for prime time, but not quite. I don't
know whether that is an issue for 6.4 or not.

Michael
Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University