[GRASS-dev] some questions about future development

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 04:47:09 EDT 2008

> v.external?
> http://grass.itc.it/grass62/manuals/html62_user/v.external.html
> BTW, a r.external would be a great addition.

Hi Paolo,
I know v.external, but It's still a bit far from what the user
experience is in, let's say, Qgis/uDig/gvSIG/etc.
The main restriction is that it's read-only. It would be an important
improvement having (at least) attributes and table management for
shapefiles.
The pseudo-topoligy building is too slow for what this feature is for:
not allowing spatial operations, or any other geoprocessing, but just
visualization and attributes management...
I would expect something like "Add datasource" and (in wxGUI) having
it displayed in the Layer Manager.

Just ideas... I know it's not so simple :)