r.external - was: Re: [GRASS-dev] some questions about future development

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 20 15:59:03 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Glynn Clements
> <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
>> Markus Neteler wrote:
>> Copied what over? r.external won't work unless the corresponding
>> lib/gis changes have also been incorporated, and lib/gis was built
>> with GDAL_LINK=1:

I have now backported all to GRASS 6.4.svn (locally) including the fixes
of the last 2 hours (MAX etc fixes).

> Now r.stats works! Will try to (locally) backport to 6.4 now (for
> monitor tests).

Done.
COOL STUFF. I linked a GeoTIFF RGB orthophoto (600MB)
and d.rgb works sufficiently fast.

Any objections that I submit the backport?

I assume that later the GDAL_LINK condition will become default?

Markus