[GRASS-dev] Vlib: how to delete an object from a GRASS vector map

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 12:54:01 EDT 2008

Dear all,

I am struggling to understand how to delete an object, including its
attached attributes, from a GRASS vector map.

I open the map with:

Vect_open_update ( &Map, MAPS[i].tempname, mapset );

Then I find the category IDs of the objects I want to delete and then I
do:

Vect_delete_line ( &Map, cat );
Vect_field_cat_del ( Cats, field, cat );

and Vect_close() after the work is done.

However, the next module I try to run on the modified map
throws an error:

ERROR: Attempt to read dead line [282]

How do I eliminate dead lines from the map?

Thanks,

Ben

--
Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeology Ltd
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES