[GRASS-dev] get_row.c: output north/east values? G__.window structure

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Aug 26 05:34:53 EDT 2008

hi,

I try to understand an issue mentioned on grass-user but get only enigmatic
error messages:

v.extrude -t bldg_cmcl  out=bldg_cmcl_3d height=15
elev=el_D792_6m --o
WARNING: Vector map <bldg_cmcl_3d> already exists and will be overwritten

WARNING: Reading raster map <el_D792_6m at PERMANENT> request for row 220803
         is outside region
ERROR: Problem reading raster map

The error is issued in function compute_window_row() in
lib/gis/get_row.c

    /* check for row in window */
    if (row < 0 || row >= G__.window.rows) {
        G_warning(_("Reading raster map <%s@%s> request for row %d is
outside region"),
                  fcb->name, fcb->mapset, row);

        return -1;
    }

Would it be possible to add something like raster_row_error() in
lib/gis/sample.c
?

Then I could just check with g.region what's going on with my maps.
The row number warning is rather useless to the end user.

I tried but got lost in G__.window ...

thanks
Markus