[GRASS-dev] get_row.c: output north/east values? G__.window structure

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Aug 26 14:52:28 EDT 2008

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Does below makes sense for v.extrude?

That causes an infinite loop, as you're skipping the k++ at the
bottom. I suggest changing it to a for loop.

Also, the third test should probably be testing voffset_next rather
than voffset_curr.

> # this should show 3D blocks (and did so until recently!):
> nviz el_D792_6m vect=bldg_resid_3d

>   99%
> Translating colors from raster map <el_D792_6m>...
> Vector map <bldg_resid_3d at neteler> loaded (4 features)
>

> There are only 2D polygons shown :(

Even if I change the traps to set the variable to zero instead of
"continue"ing, I don't get faces.

Looking at the code, it only converts boundaries and areas to faces,
not lines, but the input (bldg_resid) only contains lines.

If I use v.edit to convert lines to boundaries, then add centroids
with v.centroids, I get faces after v.extrude.