[GRASS-dev] testing results of r.watershed2 against old r.watershed

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 00:34:38 EST 2008

Markus Metz:
> > The new version of r.watershed produces results identical to the
> > original version at a substantial speed increase by optimizing the A *
> > search method.

that reminds me, the man page needs updating too,

"Both  versions  use  the AT least-cost search algorithm to determine the flow of water over the landscape (see SEE ALSO section).  The algorithm produces results similar  to  those obtained when running r.cost and r.drain on every cell on the map." [...]

thanks,
Hamish