[GRASS-dev] Attn: Markus Metz

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Dec 8 13:24:33 EST 2008

If you're reading this: I can't communicate with you off-list due to:

> <markus_metz at gmx.de>

>     (reason: 503 5.3.2 Sorry, we do not accept connections from your
>     IP. Please see ( http://portal.gmx.net/serverrules ) {mx087})

I suspect that this is because I send mail directly rather than via my
ISP's mail server. It's an ADSL line with a static IP (82.71.30.52),
but some ISPs classify it as a "dial-up" connection.

Also, ISTR that the default setting of the OSGeo listserv is to
suppress sending a copy of a message to any subscribers who are listed
in the To/Cc headers of that message. So, if I follow-up to one of
your messages, GMX blocks the direct message and the listserv decides
not to send you a copy as it thinks that you'll be getting one
directly.

You can change your list preferences via:

(it's the last option, "Avoid duplicate copies of messages?".)