[GRASS-dev] 6.4rc1

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 08:01:25 EST 2008

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008, Martin Landa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2008/12/1 Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>:
>> 2008/12/1 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
>>> so what remains todo befor 6.4rc1? IMO lib API and module list should be
>>> frozen at that point, which means creating releasebranch_6_4. No need to
>>
>> I also added to the list nviz_cmd module. I am not sure about its
>> name. Any ideas?
>>
>> nviz.cmd
>
> I remember votes for d.3d and votes again this proposal. Any consensus
> before rc1? Personally I have nothing against d.3d. One of the options
> would  to rename d.nviz to something else, e.g. d.nviz.fly and d.nviz
> use for nviz_cmd(?)

Glynn was against d.3d because he said he felt all d.* modules should be
related to using the Raster library for 2-D drawing. He definitely has a
point but d.nviz at least has already broken that convention - there
*might* be others in the past but I'm not sure. Personally I tend to think
it isn't such a big deal, especially as the "3d" in the name clearly
suggests it's different anyway.

d.nviz will wait for 7.0 - is that correct? So we can put off a decision
on its name. d.3d.fly, d.3d.flythrough or d.3d.flythru might all be good
names.

Paul