nviz_cmd - was Re: [GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #392: backport G_is_c_null_value() to devbr6

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 13:32:32 EST 2008

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008, Martin Landa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2008/12/19 Paul Kelly <paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk>:
>
> [...]
>
>>> group of modules
>>>
>>> nviz
>>>
>>> in GRASS6:
>>>
>>> nviz_cmd becomes nviz.cmd
>>
>> Well as I said above I feel it is a bad idea to make any last minute changes
>> now if we're intending to tag 6.4.0RC1 imminently, so I'd vote for keeping
>> everything as-is for 6.4 now.
>
> OK, on the other side, I don't see any reason why to postpone the decision.

Just so we have time to discuss it all properly. I get the impression
Markus wants to create the release branch and tag 6.4.0RC1 this evening,
and when creating a new group of modules under pressure like this I worry
that we might miss something obvious - when giving it a few days and
allowing other developers to read and comment might come up with some
clever insight that we have missed.

So I don't mean to hold up creating the release branch with this
discussion (sorry if it is doing that), nor to try to force a decision on
new module names. But I feel we can give this a little while to come to a
consensus on the list, *and* get 6.4.0RC1 tagged right now?

Paul