[GRASS-dev] NVIZ problem on Mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Dec 20 00:34:40 EST 2008

No crashes for me.  Both from CLI and GUI.

A few odd bits:

- it starts with the controls panel collapsed, though the expand/
collapse widget says it's expanded.  And when I click it once it stays
collapsed, though the widget changes, click again and it finally
expands.

- There is also an error every time I do this:

unknown option "-label"
unknown option "-label"
     while executing
"$Nv_(AREA).menu.config.m entryconfigure 1 -label "Show Panels" -
command "show_menus""
     (procedure "hide_menus" line 9)
     invoked from within
"hide_menus"
     invoked from within
".middle.panelarea.f1.b1 invoke"
     ("uplevel" body line 1)
     invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
     (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 23)
     invoked from within
"tk::ButtonUp .middle.panelarea.f1.b1"
     (command bound to event)

- The tooltips defocus the NVIZ window, which is slightly annoying in
most cases, but for popup menus (ie Decorations...) unpops the menu.
Even if I'm fast enough to select a menu item, the tooltip popup still
happens and the selection is ignored.

The tooltips don't affect the sliders (another GUI widget where you
hold the mouse button on it for a period of time), but I wonder if
that's because Tk Aqua doesn't use OSX sliders.  Popup menus do use
OSX menus.