[GRASS-dev] r.horizon and r.sun parameter name compatibility issue

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Dec 28 07:09:55 EST 2008

Hi,

I just discovered that two different parameter names where used:

r.horizon
         step   For multidirectional horizon: the step size in degrees

r.sun (the new version)
    horizonstep   Angle step size for the horizon information [degrees]

I vote for changing that (horizonstep both) to simplify the usage of r.sun.
Yet only RC1 is out first time shipping with r.horizon which isn't yet
widely published.

Objections that I change r.horizon's "step" -> "horizonstep"?

Markus