[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS needs TclTk 8.4

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Feb 1 06:09:21 EST 2008

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2008, at 3:40 AM, Glynn Clements wrote:
>
> > It still needs some "internal" files on Windows and MacOSX,
> > specifically:
> >

> > MacOSX:
>
> These don't appear to be in the GRASS source any more.
>

> > 	#include <tclMacCommonPch.h>
>
> This is an old Mac "Classic" (that is, pre-OSX) Tcl header.  From the
> "Mac" readme (as opposed to Mac OS X):

Ah, right; it's conditionalised upon:

	#elif defined(TOGL_AGL_CLASSIC)

so it isn't applicable to MacOSX.

> > 	#include "tkMacOSX.h"
> > 	#include <tkMacOSXInt.h>
>

> These are only needed when using the Aqua TclTk.  X11 TclTk on OSX is
> pure unix (and the one I recommend).

I would recommend getting the native version to build. It shouldn't be
necessary to have X11 installed to use GRASS.

Apart from anything else, using X11 is adding another dependency and
thus another source of potential problems.