[GRASS-dev] erratic behavior of v.in.ascii with WinGRASS

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Feb 4 22:47:11 EST 2008

Michael,

my Mac definitely does not like fs=|
it imports it correctly without it (as it i the default separator)
or when it is "|"

Helena

g.region rast=elevation
  v.in.ascii schools_el_lu.txt output=schools_lutest format=point
fs=| skip=0 x=1 y=2 z=0 cat=3
Scanning input for column types ...
Maximum input row length: 89
Maximum number of columns: 1
Minimum number of columns: 1
ERROR: y column number > minimum last column number
        (incorrect field separator?)

v.in.ascii schools_el_lu.txt output=schools_lutest format=point
fs="|" skip=0 x=1 y=2 z=0 cat=3
Scanning input for column types ...
Maximum input row length: 89
Maximum number of columns: 7