[GRASS-dev] erratic behavior of v.in.ascii with WinGRASS

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Feb 5 11:17:44 EST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008, at 8:48 AM, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> I would rather guess that depending on how the command line was
> formulated, i.e. where the fs=| is placed, the command runs
> correctly with the default values (i.e. '|' as seperator) or doesn't.

Not in the case of my Mac gui crash. Exact same command argument
order (in gui):

fs=|   + different number of fields in different records (i.e., data
file format bad) = crash TclTk
fs=|   + same number of fields in all records (i.e., data file format
good) = OK
fs="|" + different number of fields in different records (i.e., data
file format bad) = OK
fs=,   + different number of fields in different records (i.e., data
file format bad) = OK

Windows may be a different story, however. I haven't had a chance to
check that.

Michael

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity