[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #38: configure.in: wxwidgets and python checks

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Feb 5 12:01:14 EST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008, at 9:48 AM, grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:

> Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 15:33:16 -0000
> From: "GRASS GIS" <trac at osgeo.org>
> Subject: [GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #38: configure.in: wxwidgets and
> 	python	checks
> To: undisclosed-recipients:;
>
> #38: configure.in: wxwidgets and python checks
> ---------------------
> +------------------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  martinl  |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
>      Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
>  Hi,
>
>  I modified the configure script to support wxWidgets. It checks
>
>   * if wx-config is presented
>   * wxWidgets version (>=2.8.1 required)
>   * check for wx/wxprec.h and wx/wxPython/pseudodc.h (wxPython
> required
>  too)
>
>  The patch also checks for Python.h header if --with-python is given.
>
>  This should solve compilation of wxGUI vdigit component
>
>  http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/gui/wxpython/
> vdigit/Makefile.in
>
>  Martin

Martin,

Is this the main GRASS configure script or just a script for vdigit?

If the former, this could be a problem on a Mac, depending on how it
searches for stuff. I don't think that wxWidgets is installed on a
Mac along with wxPython. This is different on Linux machines. Also,
as William mentioned yesterday, Python on a Mac is in a different
place than it is for Linux--and in yet a different place for Windows.

Michael