[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #37: r.in.xyz increase region based on input data

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 14:36:11 EST 2008

Moving discussion into more general plane.
Is there some document where general GRASS module policies are
described? If such document does not exist, probably we should create
one (programmers manual? trac wiki?).  Such document could contain
short must/should/suggested things to unify/make similar various
module behavior. It could be used by developers while developing new
modules or cleaning/fixing existing ones.
Some candidates (just examples): "Scripts should not touch WIND file
but use  $WIND_OVERRIDE instead"; "r.in.* modules should import data
in their native resolution (if possible) ignoring current region
settings. They may provide region controlled import mode activated by
-? flag" etc.

Just trying to make GRASS better,
Maris.