[GRASS-dev] Re: grass-dev Digest, Vol 22, Issue 33

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Feb 9 13:40:01 EST 2008

Catching up on a lot of digest mail since yesterday.

On Feb 9, 2008, at 5:58 AM, grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:

> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 13:57:56 +0100
> From: "Martin Landa" <landa.martin at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-PSC] GRASS 7 planning
> To: "Benjamin Ducke" <benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de>
> Cc: GRASS developers list <grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org>
>
> Hi,
>
> 2008/2/9, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>:
> [snip]
>
>>> For 6.3.X, I would envision a release that includes work
>>> on the Win32 port, wxGUI/Python stuff and 3D capabilities.
>>
>> Good point. Should be wxGUI included in 6.3.0. If so, I propose to
>> apply changes in configure [1], and to copy gui/wxpython to
>> releasebranch_6_3 before 6.3.0 will be tagged. (?)
>
> correction: Should be wxGUI included in 6.3.0?
>
>> From my point of view: -0
>
> So:
> 6.3.x - no wxgui
> 6.4.x - wxgui included

I think that wxPython GUI *should* be included in 6.3.0.

Odd numbers are a development release - i.e., including new features
for testing, etc and not "stable".
We need to get the wxPython into wide testing ASAP.
If it's optional, it's not a problem if it doesn't work quite right
for everyone.

+1 on this for me.

Michael