[GRASS-dev] Re: include wxgrass or not in 6.3.0

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 08:10:01 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/2/10, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>:
> (I have taken liberty to replace the funky
>   Re: [GRASS-dev] Re: grass-dev Digest, Vol 22, Issue 33
>  subject)
> On Feb 9, 2008 7:40 PM, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:
> > On Feb 9, 2008, at 5:58 AM, grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:
> > > From: "Martin Landa" <landa.martin at gmail.com>

> > > correction: Should be wxGUI included in 6.3.0?

> > > So:
> > > 6.3.x - no wxgui
> > > 6.4.x - wxgui included
> >
> > I think that wxPython GUI *should* be included in 6.3.0.
>
> What about doing it in 6.3.1? We had 4 release candidates now and
> it wasn't included. I would like to see at least one RC with that included
> before officially publishing it.

unfortunately, it has been included, even worse the old wxPython code!! see

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/tags/release_20080109_grass_6_3_0RC4/gui/wxpython

I would imagine copy of wxpython stuff in 6.3.0 (based on this
situation). Changes in configure [1] or [2] would eventually become
part of 6.3.1 (if so).

Martin

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/38
[2] http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/WxPython-based_GUI_for_GRASS#Issues