[GRASS-dev] modules have problems with @mapset

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Feb 13 16:52:12 EST 2008

On Feb 13, 2008 7:35 PM, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:

> On Feb 13, 2008, at 12:08 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:
>

> > Michael Barton wrote:
> >
> >> To make this work better with the GUI parser and not generate an
> >> error, the script should just strip off the @mapset portion of the
> >> name.
> >
> > Please answer the following question:

> > If g.findfile doesn't handle the combination of mapset= and a
> > qualified name *where the mapsets are the same*, that's a bug in
> > g.findfile which should be fixed.
> >
> > OTOH, if it's complaining because you're trying to use a map which
> > isn't in the current mapset, the scripts should be generating an
> > error. The scripts absolutely should not simply ignore the mapset.
>
> It's complaining that the map you are using isn't in the current
> mapset when it actually is in the mapset.

I guess that you have a map with same name in a different path
and SEARCHPATH first defines that? What does
g.mapsets -p

say?

> GRASS 6.3.svn (spearfish60_test):~ > v.rast.stats -e
> vector=sites at spatialtech2008 layer=1 raster=elevation.dem at PERMANENT
> colprefix=elev_ percentile=90
> ERROR: sites at spatialtech2008_18153.0 is not in the current mapset
>         (spatialtech2008)
> ERROR: An error occurred while converting vector to raster
> G__open(r): mapset (spatialtech2008) doesn't match xmapset
> (spatialtech2008_18153.0)
> G__open(r): mapset (spatialtech2008) doesn't match xmapset
> (spatialtech2008_18153.0)
> ERROR: sites at spatialtech2008_18153.0 is not in the current mapset
>         (spatialtech2008)

Are you currently in "spatialtech2008" mapset? (just to be sure)
This "xmapset" thing is strange above.
Related: how old is your g.mapsets? I updated it on Feb 2:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/30030
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/30031
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/30032
to use longer buffers.

> But...
>
> GRASS 6.3.svn (spearfish60_test):~ > v.rast.stats -e vector=sites
> layer=1 raster=elevation.dem at PERMANENT colprefix=elev_ percentile=90
> Statistics calculated from raster map <elevation.dem at PERMANENT> and
> uploaded to attribute table of vector map <sites>.
> Done.

Maybe related to the previously too short buffers?

Markus