[GRASS-dev] Re: g.gui

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 17:03:53 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/2/14, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
>  > > > > is type= the best word to use as the option name?
>  > > > >   gui=? start=? (like d.mon)   launch=?  ???= ?

>  > Suggestions are always welcomed...
>
>  All I can think of is flavor= but that's a bit funny.

'flavor' would be OK I think, not so boring as 'type':-)

>  >>>> Can the wxgui startup take a saved project file as a command
>  >>>> line option like d.m and gis.m? (dmrc=)
>
> > > state=? (like nviz)  project=?   ???
>
> > 'project' would be good or e.g. 'workspace' (it is called in GUI
>  > 'workspace file'). I am not sure if 'workspace' makes sense here,
>  > maybe calling it 'project' is better, suggestions?
>

> Workspace could be ok. I worry that Project would be sounding too close
>  to LOCATION. It's a little long but in practice you don't have to give
>  the parser the whole word.

BTW, I used in wxGUI for workspace files extension 'grc'. Maybe time
to change it. What about gwf/gws (GRASS workspace file) - but [1,2],
or gwd (grass workspace definition), suggestions?

>  > BTW, are we going to backport g.gui to 6.3?, maybe not.
>

> Sure why not? Less confusion later and some motivation to get it
>  finished now.

I updated init.sh, testing welcomed. I can backport wxpython directory
and related changes let say tomorrow to releasebranch_6_3, and on
Sunday we could release RC5?

Regards, Martin

[1] http://filext.com/file-extension/GWF
[2] http://filext.com/file-extension/GWS