[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #38: configure.in: wxwidgets and python checks

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Feb 14 20:29:07 EST 2008

Martin Landa wrote:

> > The last version of patch [1] uses --with-python=[path/python-config]
> >  approach. Since I am not autoconf guru I cannot comment Ivan's notes.
> >
> >  [1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/attachment/ticket/38/configure_wx-3.diff
>
> not sure, are there any objections to commit this patch to SVN?

It seems reasonable enough.

Although, personally I wouldn't bother with the --includes and --libs
checks. Those flags are already included in the --cflags and --ldflags
checks. Having separate variables could lead to confusion; e.g. using
$(PYTHON_INCLUDES) instead of $(PYTHON_CFLAGS) might be sufficient on
a developer's system but cause problems with a release.