[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Interpolation with faultlines?

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Fri Feb 22 05:05:16 EST 2008

On 22.02.2008 11:53, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>> What do you think, would this maybe be an interesting SoC project, to
>> implement support for fault lines in GRASS?
>
> Why not ? The question is whether this should be a new C-module, an
> extension to an existing module (v.surf.rst) or a script to integrate
> surfit. If the latter, it might be a bit weak as a SoC project, but the
> two former seem right in terms of scale.

I think I like the idea of modifying v.surf.rst, but maybe also
r.neighborhood to accept fault lines as vectors. Perhaps also v.surf.idw?

But that might be asking too much, depending on the student. These would
maybe be a natural extension. So step one would be to add support to
v.surf.rst and then continue with the others.

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>