[GRASS-dev] r.univar: allow multiple rasters to be processed

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 06:21:58 EST 2008

Ivan Shmakov wrote:
> 	Anyway, I guess I may commit my patch?

I am curious to know about in what real-world application it is useful
to use multiple input maps for r.univar? Is it for a time series of the
same variable?

And how does that relate to r.series? Which method is more useful?
e.g.:

r.univar in=1,2,3,4 | grep mean
   vs
for MAP in `g.mlist` ; do r.univar $MAP | grep mean ; done
RESULT=`bc average($mean_list)`  #pseudo
   vs
r.series in=1,2,3,4 out=mean_map method=average && r.univar mean_map

just wondering,
Hamish