[GRASS-dev] Add /usr/local/bin and /lib to PATH var building WinGRASS

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Feb 27 07:17:52 EST 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 marco.pasetti at alice.it wrote:

> Hi,
>
> why do I need to add /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib to PATH variable before to build GRASS (as suggested by Paul Kelly's notes)?

During GRASS compilation, after each module is compiled it is run with the
--html-description command-line option, to generate part of the man pages.
You need to have any DLLs the modules depend on in the PATH so that the
modules will run correctly. It is not needed for compiling though - the
locations specified using --with-*-libs to configure are used for
compiling. So if you don't have the DLLs in the PATH then you won't be
able to generate the man pages properly; that's all.

Paul