[GRASS-dev] v.extract centroids

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 07:46:26 EST 2008

Hi Hamish,

2008/2/27, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
>  re. rev 24328, "BugFix?: Do not extract centroids outside area"
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/24328
>

>  I don't think v.extract should be making those sorts of topological decisions. If that is wanted would 'v.extract type=area' do the trick?
>  if the option is for some reason wanted, then shelter it behind a flag?
>  or do I not understand the change properly and this is covering the type=area case?

AFAIR it should fix type=area issue, a vector layer with one area and
one centroid outside

|   Number of boundaries:   1               Number of faces:      0          |
 |   Number of centroids:    2               Number of kernels:    0          |

grass63 and grass630

$ v.extract in=earea out=earea1 type=boundary,centroid --o
Number of boundaries:   1
Number of centroids :   2

$ v.extract in=earea out=earea1 type=area --o
Number of boundaries:   1
Number of centroids :   1

grass62 gives
Number of boundaries:   1