[GRASS-dev] Plan to build Package to use GRASS from R

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 05:33:37 EST 2008

Roger:
> Some grass modules don't support --interface-description, but I think
> not many.

r.mapcalc being the primary concern. Most of the remaining rest are
interactive things which wouldn't be useful from R. I don't think it's
a huge effort to do something special for r.mapcalc, chances are you
might want to do something special with it anyway.

You can use the r.mapcalculator script as a frontend if you need one
with a working --interface-description.

Hamish