[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Re: GRASS-user] Help: Completely confused aboutmulti-layered vectors trying to import TIGER/Line files

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Feb 28 16:43:17 EST 2008

Tom,

It sounds to me like you will need to import your basic vector shapes
and then use SQL joins to link them up to the various tables you need.
Unless there has been a recent update to the contrary (I saw some
things on the dev list, but don't remember the outcome), you cannot do
that with the normal DBF files that GRASS uses. You'll need to make
SQLite or PostgreSQL your default, import the TIGER tables into one of
these systems and then do the joins.

Michael
Michael Barton, Professor
Professor of Anthropology
Director of Graduate Studies
School of Human Diversity & Social Change
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA