[GRASS-dev] Re: 'g.gui wxpython' won't work in wingrass as wxgui is a shell script

Ivan Shmakov ivan at theory.asu.ru
Thu Feb 28 23:12:16 EST 2008

 >> Apparently, the only problem preventing the use of Gnulib in GRASS
 >> is that it may require a newer Autoconf.

 > A C file won't care about which autoconf version (if any) was used,
 > so long as the right macros are defined.

	Surely, but that's exactly the point.  In order to decide which
	functions are not supported or defective on the host platform,
	and thus are to be provided by Gnulib, an appropriate testing is
	to be done.  To relieve the Gnulib user of the responsibility to
	maintain the proper set of Autoconf macros invocations (as
	Gnulib dependencies do change), Gnulib provides its own set of
	Autoconf macros.

	And I guess, these macros aren't 2.13-compatible.