[GRASS-dev] batch search and replace from command line?

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Jan 9 01:02:54 EST 2008

I'm betting there is a Unix command to do a batch search and replace
of one string with another in all text files in a directory.

But I don't know what it is.

I'm trying to follow Glynn's advice to create a library of common
TclTk procedures that can be called without calling another instance
of gm.tcl (i.e., without launching another GIS Manager window).

These procedures (e.g., Gm::errmsg) get called a LOT in many modules.
I'd like a way of replacing every occurance of "Gm::errmsg" with
"GmLib::errmsg" in all modules in the TclTk GUI directory.

Can someone tell me if this is possible and, if so, how to do it?

Thanks
Michael

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity