[GRASS-dev] batch search and replace from command line?

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Wed Jan 9 08:51:50 EST 2008

With a fresh checkout from SVN (done about 3 hours ago),
I now get:

Error in startup script: can't create procedure "GmLib::errmsg": unknown
namespace
    while executing
"proc GmLib::errmsg { error args } {
    # send error report and optional message (args) to tk_messageBox

    set message ""

    if { $args !..."
    (file "/usr/local/grass-6.3.svn/etc/gm/gm.tcl" line 543)

when trying to launch gis.m

Best,

Benjamin

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Done and submitted:
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/29624
>
> I have used attached script.
>
> Cheers
> Markus
>

> On Jan 9, 2008 7:02 AM, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:
>> I'm betting there is a Unix command to do a batch search and replace of one
>> string with another in all text files in a directory.
>>
>> But I don't know what it is.
>>
>> I'm trying to follow Glynn's advice to create a library of common TclTk
>> procedures that can be called without calling another instance of gm.tcl
>> (i.e., without launching another GIS Manager window).
>>
>> These procedures (e.g., Gm::errmsg) get called a LOT in many modules. I'd
>> like a way of replacing every occurance of "Gm::errmsg" with "GmLib::errmsg"
>> in all modules in the TclTk GUI directory.
>>
>> Can someone tell me if this is possible and, if so, how to do it?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Michael

Benjamin Ducke, M.A.
Archäoinformatik
(Archaeoinformation Science)
Institut für Ur- und Frühgeschichte
(Inst. of Prehistoric and Historic Archaeology)
Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
Johanna-Mestorf-Straße 2-6
D 24098 Kiel
Germany