[GRASS-dev] table only creation in v.in.ascii

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 16:16:39 EST 2008

Martin Landa wrote:
> > following our discussion two days ago, I have started patching
> > v.in.ascii to support creating only an attribute table w/o
> > any vector objects/geometries.

Hi,

I am still away so not really follwing the lists right now, but
checking in spotted this thread.

v.in.ascii is the wrong module for this functionality, it should be in
db.in.ascii or so (but the two sharing code would be nice). ISTR Markus
had created a module like that a few months ago. Was it v.in.ogr with a
DB driver?? I can't quite remember now, just that it exists and is on
my TODO list to investigate if the v.in.garmin & v.in.gpsbabel scripts
should use it.

Hopefully Markus can clarify.

Hamish