[GRASS-dev] sqlite and grass64

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 16:45:29 EST 2008

Eric:
> Are there any instances where the dbf driver can do some
> functionality that the sqlite driver cannot? I use the sqlite driver
> all the time for my work with no problems.

DBF works "out of the box" on all platforms and is as well tested and
implimented as these things get. Its problems are well known.

AFAIU SQLite (by default) stores the DBs for all vector maps in a
single file per mapset. This makes it hard to share individual vector
maps and may have LFS issues when your data + mapset gets to be huge.
(??)

There is no question that SQLite has decades better functionality.

2c more,
Hamish