[GRASS-dev] Re: grass-dev Digest, Vol 21, Issue 30

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 15:02:18 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/1/14, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:
> > > But what would the --with-wxpython switch actually do?
> >
> > it checks during configuration time python version (>=2.4), if the wx
> > module is available ant its version (>=2.8).
>
> But why? The compilation process doesn't require these to be installed
> on the build system.

right my fault, checking python version from USE_WXPYTHON should be removed.

> > During compilation time (gui/Makefile) copies script files
> > (gui/wxpython/Makefile) to $(ETC)/wx.
>
> It should do this unconditionally.

OK, understood.

> > It also should build library for wx digitization tool in the future,
> > etc.
>
> This would probably require the Python checks, as it would need to
> build Python wrappers for GRASS functions, but it still shouldn't need
> the wxPython checks.

Well I am not sure about wx/wxpython version check. C/C++ code needed
for digitization tool is compiled against wx library. So maybe
checking wx version makes sense. Maybe also --with-wx-includes and
--with-wx-lib are need (and to rename --with-wxpython to --with-wx)?

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *